A Certain Cure for the Bruising Caused by Battel
In the normall way take a goode and thycke glasse fairly heated in the candell flamme. Presse firmly onto the bruyse till it be drawne into the glasse.
For those of gentler disposition then Gascione powderes should bee prepared inn the following manner~
- Take crabbes of the sea gathered when the Moon be in the constellation of Cancer.
- Take only the black tippes of the clawes and beat them into fine powder in a brass mortar and well sift them through a tiffany sive.
- The powder must be of such fineness it melt upon the tongue.
- To 4 oz of this must be put half of one oz of pearl and yet another half of one ounce of currel both finely prepared and mingle the powders well together.
- Then take up one quart of well water fresh drawn and putte into it the skins of 2 vypers of the Earth the skins cut into pieces of half a thumbs length.
- Putte also to them one oz of leafe of gold broke very small and hence boyle it on a soft fire of charcoal.
- Let it jelly but have a care that it not boyle dry.
- When it 's cold and strain'd mingle it with rose water wherein a little saffron and 2 grains of ambergrise have been well steeped.
- Then make up the powder with the liquor into little balls being first finely ground upon a paynters stonne.